7/15

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tuesday, July 15

  • small salad w/ tablespoon vinaigrette
  • low fat fruit & nut granola bar
  • broiled chicken breast, small serving angel hair pasta, spaghetti sauce, sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
  • small salad w/ 2 tablespoon Strawberry vinaigrette, hard boiled egg
  • 45 minutes on the elliptical trainer

Man, my ass was dragging all day. 45 minutes at the gym felt like an eternity--it was all I could do to finish.

My strawberry vinaigrette was absolutely heavenly! Four fresh strawberries, 1/2 cup red wine vinegar, drizzle of honey, drizzle of olive oil, small sprinkle of garlic powder, salt, and lots of pepper. Sweet and savory, it was fabulous on my salad. True, I used a little more than I needed to, but it was just too good. There really wasn't much olive oil in this blend, so I don't feel too bad about it. Besides, other than pancakes on Saturday, I haven't really cheated at all this week!

I had to resist the temptation to weigh myself today. I have to walk past the scale every time I go to take a shower at the gym, but I promised myself that I would only weigh myself once a month. I don't want to get too hung up on the number, and instead simply focus on the workouts and eating right. But the scale, I swear it mocks me as I walk past it.

1 comments:

wegypsies said...

Good job!

Remember to drink water too. Maybe try weighing yourself twice a month. It's easier to stay motivated when you see any kind of loss. I've always heard that 1 to 2 lbs a week is safest and easiest to maintain.