7/31

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday, July 31st

  • 1 egg with a slice of pepper-jack cheese, 1 piece of turkey sausage, on an English muffin
  • 5 or 6 tortilla chips, two spoonfuls of salsa
  • 1 Oreo
  • 1 & 1/2 servings of angel hair pasta, grilled chicken, tomato sauce, sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
  • 45 minutes on the elliptical trainer

9.4 pounds GONE! Woohoo! So, in 24 days, I've been averaging a loss of 0.39 pounds per day!!! Of course, I think I may have sweated out nearly ten pounds! If I keep going at this rate, I'll definitely be at my target weight within 7 months--hopefully February, I'll have lost 70 lb. I haven't been counting calories (far too much work, really) but I'll bet I've been averaging between 1500-2000 calories per day, and I've been making it to the gym between 4-5 days per week. I wonder how long until I can actually see a difference in my thighs? I should be a poster child for Planet Fitness!

Turkey sausage is surprisingly good, too. If I hadn't known, I might not have been able to tell that it wasn't pork, and about half the fat. Still, not great for me, but it's a lot better than Jimmy Dean. I could have done without the cheese, but I woke up positively starving this morning for some reason. I usually have to make myself eat something before noon. Maybe that's actually a good sign?

And ooh damn, do my abs ever hurt today! That's what I get for working a set of muscles too hard for the first time in a long time.

1 comments:

wegypsies said...

Good job!!!

I have been so bad this week. I really need to get my focus back.

I bought some turkey meatballs at Carr's awhile back. They're not bad either.

Way to go on only one Oreo. That's tough!

I'm really not looking forward to dealing with all the people for the garage sale on Saturday. I am looking forward to hopefully getting rid of a lot of this stuff. Don't forget to come get the cow.

You're losing at a rate that will make it easier to maintain once you've reached your goal. As difficult as it seems now, losing is actually the easier part of this. Maintaining is much harder. Remember, it's a lifestyle change, not a diet.

Keep up the good work and progress! I'm proud of you...:)