7/17

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday, July 17

  • hard-boiled egg
  • 2 bananas (breakfast and afternoon snack)
  • small bowl of strawberries and pineapples w/ drizzle of strawberry vinaigrette
  • 3oz steak nuggets
  • iced green tea with honey
  • ham & cheese lean pocket
  • 45 minutes on the elliptical trainer

I took my Mom's advice and went ahead and weighed myself today. Almost six pounds lost in 10 days! That's over 1/2 a pound per day?!?! Though its possible some of this can be water weight, I don't care one bit. I was amazed at how fast I made progress.

*does a dorky happy dance*

The workouts are getting easier, though I still sweat like a pig--it's almost embarrassing. The little twinkies never even seem to sweat; it's like their living in a different climate. Though I suppose its hard to break a sweat while lazily pedaling the stationary bike while you text message your 20 closest twinkie friends.

1 comments:

wegypsies said...

I'm soooooooo proud of you!!! Told your dad of your success tonight; he was impressed.

Tomorrow's my D-Day to see if the few days vacation in Kodiak ruined my streak. I'm down to 10 - 15 lbs to go. I like to lose an extra 5 before the fair and the fall that way I can eat a bit more without freaking out.

Pardon the cat hairs in this blog -- one of Jake's favorite times is to sit on my lap when I'm at the computer...:) He doesn't get it why your dad won't let him in his lap too. So I've got a vibrating puddy in my lap... we could get real raunchy with this...

The Barbies are only there to either kill time or scout for guys... they aren't really doing anything for themselves. And trust me, time will eventually catch up to them and they won't have a clue what to do about it. Then you'll be the one in the cat-bird seat.

Your Aunt Casey sent us a huge pecan kringle (a giant, sweet coffee cake kinda thing) from Wisconsin. Geez Louise, thanks!! She had asked if I was still on a diet. My answer: when am I NOT??? They're having a pot luck continental breakfast birthday thing for the Director tomorrow morning. Sounds like a good use for it. I'll save a little for your Dad, but the rest has got to GO!

Keep up the good work. You're doing great. I need to exercise more. I should count the number of times I run the stairs at work. I might surprise myself.