7/21

Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday, July 21st

  • 1/2 salad with hard boiled egg, blueberry vinaigrette
  • 100 calorie bag of shortbread cookies
  • McDonald's grilled chicken sandwich, no mayo, with cheese
  • about 5 french fries
  • handful pretzels
  • low-fat string cheese
  • tiny sliver chocolate cake w/ icing scraped off
  • 35 kick-ass minutes on the elliptical trainer

The chicken "breast" on my sandwich from McDonald's must be the smallest portion of chicken I've ever seen, even for fast food. It didn't even cover half the bun. We'll add that to the list of reasons to never patronize McDonald's again. But, the kids do love it.

My inner rabbit must have taken the day off, because I was NOT feeling the salad for lunch--delicious vinaigrette or no. I had to make myself eat half of it. I have been eating a lot of salad recently, so maybe I need to find something else low fat for lunch for a change.

I've noticed that the time spent on the elliptical trainer goes much faster when I listen to music, rather than watch television. I listened to the Dropkick Murphy's today (fast paced Irish punk rock) which was an awesome motivator. You almost can't help but run in-time with the music. I only went for 35 minutes, but I burned almost as many calories as when I go for 45 minutes.

1 comments:

wegypsies said...

Looks like you had a good day even with your sad little chicken sandwich...:)

Temptation showed up in the breakroom this afternoon in the form of those chocolate peanut butter. Those things are absolutely evil!!! Limited myself to 2 small ones and then ate a little less for dinner.

Even if you're only able to workout 4 days a week that still really good. Or run your outside stairs at the house a few times if you have to head home right away.

Drink more water!!