7/23

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday, July 23rd

  • left-over chicken & cheese tortellini
  • banana
  • 3 small-ish pieces of beef jerkey
  • tortilla soup: grilled chicken, black beans, various veggies, tomatoes, chicken broth
  • 1 piece white bread with 1 tsp butter
  • 8 oz 2% milk
  • sliver of chocolate cake w/ icing scraped off
  • 45 minutes on the elliptical trainer

I took it really easy today on the elliptical, as my knees are still sore. I did some reading online, and it turns out that its common for people to have sore knees because we tend to stand very straight on the trainer, when many of us tend to stand slightly duck footed (toes slightly pointed out). I watched how I stand and walk naturally, and, low and behold, I do walk somewhat duck-footed, so I tried standing like that on the elliptical trainer today. It seemed to help, and I went fairly slowly. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

0 comments: