7/26 - 7/27

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Saturday, July 26th

  • 2 scrambled eggs with 1/2 diced tomato, 1 piece of white toast w/ 1 tsp butter
  • 1 serving (11 chips) taco Doritos
  • handful pretzels
  • low-fat string cheese
  • green beans, onion, and yellow sweet pepper, sauteed in a drizzle of olive oil, with a light coat of balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and honey
  • about 8-10 oz piece of London broil
  • white rice with soy sauce
  • 2 slices of baked green tomatoes with butter and bread crumbs
  • skinny cow ice cream sandwich

Sunday, July 27th

  • sandwich with whole wheat, 1/2 serving pastrami, 1 slice of pepper-jack cheese, spicy brown mustard
  • handful pretzels, low-fat string cheese
  • baked chicken tenders coated with bread crumbs, tablespoon of lime-mayo sauce
  • salad with 1/2 hard boiled egg, balsamic vinaigrette
  • skinny cow ice cream sandwich

Not a great weekend, but not too terrible, in my opinion. I really could have done the baked tomatoes without butter (but at least they weren't fried, plus they were absolutely delicious!), and I could have skipped the mayo sauce with the other-wise healthy chicken. I did manage to watch my portion sizes this weekend--I actually counted the number of Doritos I ate (much to my boyfriend's amusement) and ate a small piece of steak. I read somewhere to limit your red meat intake to a portion about the size of a deck of cards. I also quite vigorously vacuumed and mopped the floor on Saturday, and I did break a sweat, so that should count for some kind of exercise!

The boyfriend and the kids are out of the house again--boyfriend out for a week, the kids for 3 weeks or more. It's going to be a lot easier to keep up on the work-outs and eating right. I just don't know how I'm going to keep all this up when they're all back in the house full time. I think the boyfriend is starting to realize what a horrible influence he is. I even noticed he didn't pig out as much as he normally does, especially on the weekend. Maybe I can actually be the good influence on him!

1 comments:

wegypsies said...

Not as horrible weekend as mine!! While your dad is a horrible influence on my eating, I have to love him for always seeing me as "skinny." You too for that matter.

Hey, housework always counts as activity!! Hey, it can never hurt DBF (darling boy friend) to learn healthy eating habits...:) One of these days his metabolism is going to betray him. Although, we noticed after you two got together that he gained weight. All that good cookin' you do for him!

So much on my mind lately, the only way I can even come close to falling asleep before 2 or 3 am is with a couple of drinks. Sooooo bad for the diet. Remember when I figured out the calories in 1 drink? Ouch!!! Tank up on the water.

This garage sale will no doubt put me in a bad mood for at least a week. But I'm only going to do this once, and what doesn't sell either gets tossed or donated. And you know me, I'll do that before I let someone insult me with a ridiculously low price.

I've found for me that the carbs from bread and fat are my greatest enemies and do the most damage (aside from booze anyway). There's a spaghetti and garlic bread feed tomorrow at work. Gee, thanks guys!!

So what do you think of the Skinny Cows?

Hope you made it home ok tonight.