8/5

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tuesday, August 5

  • large-ish turkey sandwich w/ swiss, mustard and tomatoes
  • about 1 serving of multi-grain tortilla chips, salsa
  • sourdough english muffin, one egg, slice of low-fat swiss, three slices of Canadian Bacon, about 1 tsp of raspberry jelly
  • 45 minutes on the elliptical trainer

Overall, a pretty good day, I think. I tried very hard to order my sandwich without cheese, but I failed miserably. I forgot to bring a lunch to work today, as well as skipping breakfast, so I was starving at about two o'clock. But, I managed to stay relatively healthy.

I love the english muffins; I get my bread fix without going overboard.

Planet Fitness is located right next to Fred Meyers, so as I leave the gym, I am inundated with the smell of fresh fried chicken every time I leave. Sometimes I swear I'd kill for a greasy friend chicken thigh (or two) with some sloppy coleslaw on the side. And we may as well add a wedge of hot apple pie drowned in vanilla bean ice cream.

*sigh*

1 comments:

wegypsies said...

Yeah, those food smells are hard to resist. Today there was union teleconference. They always order pizza for the sites who are participating. Stopped myself at one slice, but that kind of set me off the rest of the day being "slightly" bad. While it's easier for me to behave when your dad's gone, this next week will have a couple bad days because of my trip to Juneau.

Really not looking forward to this at all. They're calling it a retreat, when I have a feeling it's going to be more of an unconditional surrender on our parts...:)

I think I remember reading something about how not getting enough sleep can making losing weight more difficult... not really sure why, or even if it's true.

Are you doing any of the weight machines or free weights along with the elliptical?